Due to the handmade nature of our jewellery, we are able to control every part of the process and strive to be as environmentally friendly as we can. This ability to trace and control our product ensures that we are an ethical choice.
From start to finish, our jewellery is made within the walls of our workshop. The design work is sketched out in our studio and then handcrafted in the adjoining workshop.
All of our diamonds and gemstones are ethically sourced and conflict-free. We source our stones from approved Kimberley Process channels. We also offer Canadamark diamonds which assure the integrity of the supply chain of Canadian diamonds from mine to retail.
The unique diamonds we use are much less taxing on the environment than the traditional white clear diamonds. The 'perfect' white diamond involves a few hundred tons of earth being extracted and shipped off (using a lot of fuel and labour) to be dug through to find one carat of clear diamond. The 'imperfect' diamonds we use require far less mining and in our opinion, equally beautiful stone.
- We do not outsource our work to other countries where we are unable to truly understand the work conditions, without visiting in person. Outsourcing abroad also requires air transportation creating high levels of emissions.
- We do not use CAD (computer-aided design)
- We do not use mass-produced factory bought jewellery or ring mounts.
- We avoid using harsh chemicals often used in the jewellery-making process and we are very conscious of waste, which we keep to a minimum.
- We use local suppliers. We are lucky enough to be based in London's jewellery quarter - most materials we require is no longer than a short walk away.
- We use limited packaging and are a low plastic business. We try to reduce waste where ever we can.